Thursday, August 31, 2017

[SGX Portfolio] Final Update

This is my final update for my SGX portfolio that I feel I have been running quite successfully since March of 2014. Why?

I just sold off almost everything, that's why!

Yup, pretty much everything.

The only stocks I hold are Croesus, Saizen, Global Investments, Hotung and the STI ETF, pretty much legacy investments that don't require much tending.

Over the years I slowly built up my SGX portfolio from humble beginnings. The best snap shot is the end of last month, where accumulated dividends were $3000, realized gains $1400 and unrealized gains of $100.

I'm not certain if my calculations are correct, but my calculated internal rate of return is 7.0% per annum.

I felt like I made some great calls in the past. Being heavy into foreign REITs was a very easy investment for me that made me a very fair bit of money. Croesus will be gone soon too.

I had narrow escapes with horrible companies, like Noble and China Fishery. I did get caught bagholding with Casa, Sing Heng and 2nd Chance though.

I can't say it was very fun. Countless of hours reading annual reports, looking at charts and referring to my spreadsheets. All that for peanut returns I feel.

My past 2 months in crypto has made MASSSIVEEEE amounts of returns that I really don't give two shits about traditional stock investing anymore. I'm moving on to greener pastures, but don't worry, you can still wave to me, I'll be around.

Some people would be tempted to liken it to the tulip bubble. But is it really a bubble if nobody you know owns any of it? Or if they do, just miniscule amounts? Hmmm...

Sometimes I cry myself to sleep at night wishing I had put all of my capital into cryptos 3.5 years ago. I would definitely be a millionaire by now.

Anyway, I just wanted you guys to know that I am relinquishing all my involvement with the local stock market because, frankly, I don't give a damn anymore.

I'm pretty much cash, gold and cryptos now. Basic barbell strategy. Risk-free af assets + Risky af assets. You can call it the tin foil hat portfolio. Zero cashflow portfolio. Crap portfolio. Snake oil portfolio. Whatever. You don't have to, and you shouldn't be blindly following what I'm doing anyway.

Is this wise? That I don't have any of the "right" investments in my portfolio? I guess we'll find out in a few months and years.

This is madness. I know.

But it feels so good being able not to care anymore.

So long to my credibility as a financial blogger! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Good, i too sold off all except for some blue chip. Which cryptocurrency u think have the most propsect in the long run, because I would like to put more on that. I read that ETH, what is your opinion. can share genrously. Thanks

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for sharing the list of financial blogs. These are outstanding. They will help me greatly.
    GST Accounting

    ReplyDelete

Observe the house rules.